The Government of Uganda has received a credit from the International Development Association towards the cost of the Uganda Skills Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this IFB: Design, Develop, Establish and Operationalize a Management Information System For Business Technical Vocational Education and Training (BTVET).The scope will include a full unitary System in English language
with easy-to-use user interface providing rich user experience
to assist the Government through BTVET to carry out the following;
- Real-time data (on Institutions, courses/programs, students
and staff) collection and transmission;
- Assisting in placement of students in industry/World of work
including performance reports in the industry;
- Assignment of Unique Identifier to all students in participating BTVET institutions (to facilitate tracing of beneficiaries).
- Full reporting on the training programs in the skills development including training providers, level of training offered, examining/assessment bodies, accreditation and standards’ compliance;
- Integration of tracer studies on student registration into the labour market;
- Capture outcomes by recording students’ achievements in terms of the awarding body, qualification obtained (whether approved by UQF or not), level and length of training
- Complete information on public and private institutions that are providing the services in the country;
- Automated Analysis and Reporting at all BTVET institutions levels.
- Facilitate all the processes associated with enquiries, application, admission, registration, timetables & attendance, termination and graduation of students including but not limited to capturing and tracking the academic & financial performance of each student all through until graduation (At graduation, the student prof le should be archived and student turned into Alumni).
- Profile management for each student to include details on and or access for parents/guardians, teachers and staff members.
- The successful bidder will be expected to implement six (6) existing Colleges (i.e. Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba, Uganda Technical College Kichwamba, Bukalasa Agricultural College, Uganda Technical College Lira, Uganda Technical College Elgon and Uganda Technical College Bushenyi), which shall be transformed into Centers of Excellence (CoEs). These CoES will work in network with 12 Vocational Training Institutes.
- The BTVET MIS will be customized to suit the needs of the 6 CoEs and the 12 Vocational Training Institutes (VTIs) networking with the CoEs to capture data.
- The BTVET MIS will be integrated with the Education Management Information System (EMIS) and Labour Management Information System (LMIS) under Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MoGLSD).
- The BTVET MIS will be integrated with the student loan management system for those whose funding is by GoU loans and the National Identity register to avoid ghost students.