The Ministry of Finance has taken another giant step to modernize its tax administration and revenue-generating schemes after officials formally launched the Ministry’s Revenue Department website Friday (Oct. 15).
The website (www.revenue.gov.lr) provides a one-stop-shop for information concerning the Revenue Department of the Ministry of Finance.
via allAfrica.com: Liberia: Modernization MOF Launches Revenue Website.
The World Bank has approved loan funding of a $5million Integrated Financial Management and Information System (IFMIS) to increase the Government of The Gambia’s capacity in public resource management. There are five components to the project:
- IFMIS rollout, interfaces and system training.
- Laying the groundwork for the introduction of new IFMIS applications.
- Communications and change management, creating greater awareness amongst government officials and the public at large about the IFMIS.
- Accounting and information technology (IT) capacity building for sustainability.
- Project implementation support.
A similar project is being prepared for Liberia. Funded by a $3,7m grant this project was approved a year ago, but has yet to publish any details.
The Free Software and Open Source Foundation for Africa (FOSSFA), the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) and other partners, with support from the Open Society Institute of West Africa (OSIWA) is launching the West Africa Internet Governance Forum. It aims are:
- To facilitate Internet policy discussions on a multi-stakeholder platform for issues relating to the development and the governance of the Internet in West Africa.
- To increase awareness of Internet governance issues in West Africa
- To facilitate the participation of a broad range of West African stakeholders in the IGF process.
- To create an opportunity for West Africans to engage in/contribute towards discussions regarding spam, Internet and Security, and other IGF related issues at the global Internet Governance Forum.
- To create a systematic, bottom up, national, regional and global policy dialogue process in West Africa.
via FOSSFA on 27 May 2020