The World Bank has approved loan funding of a $5million Integrated Financial Management and Information System (IFMIS) to increase the Government of The Gambia’s capacity in public resource management. There are five components to the project:
- IFMIS rollout, interfaces and system training.
- Laying the groundwork for the introduction of new IFMIS applications.
- Communications and change management, creating greater awareness amongst government officials and the public at large about the IFMIS.
- Accounting and information technology (IT) capacity building for sustainability.
- Project implementation support.
A similar project is being prepared for Liberia. Funded by a $3,7m grant this project was approved a year ago, but has yet to publish any details.