The Free Software and Open Source Foundation for Africa (FOSSFA), the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) and other partners, with support from the Open Society Institute of West Africa (OSIWA) is launching the West Africa Internet Governance Forum. It aims are:
- To facilitate Internet policy discussions on a multi-stakeholder platform for issues relating to the development and the governance of the Internet in West Africa.
- To increase awareness of Internet governance issues in West Africa
- To facilitate the participation of a broad range of West African stakeholders in the IGF process.
- To create an opportunity for West Africans to engage in/contribute towards discussions regarding spam, Internet and Security, and other IGF related issues at the global Internet Governance Forum.
- To create a systematic, bottom up, national, regional and global policy dialogue process in West Africa.